Reflecting at Fridley Gap of the South Massanutten Mountain Range

Looking east, north east toward Fridley Gap / 38.499318, -78.739439
Along with other local cyclist, I often ride Mountain Valley Road (Rt. 620) from Keezletown to Fridley Gap which follows the south Massanutten Mt. range in the George Washington National Forest. Fridley Gap is well known locally for its gentle mountain streambed, ridge climbs and a great swimming hole. There are several options for circuit rides with Rt. 620 as a main leg in a circuit course which might include continuing on Rt. 620 north, going west on Fridley Gap Rd. and heading back to Keezletown on Indian Trail Rd (Rt. 717).


I always stop and enjoy the view at the intersection of Rt. 620 and Fridley Gap Rd. where I often reflect, snack and make a cup of coffee if I am carrying my pocket camp stove.

Comments

Popular Posts